Sneaky Peek

Well, we've entered month 6 of this journey... and I feels like we're really getting things ready for Baby H to arrive. With only 15 weeks left, the nursery is in full swing. We found the perfect rocker/recliner last Friday. Mitch and I headed down to Baby on Grand in Hopkins and sat in every chair on display. Mitch picked out his favorites and then ran from chair to chair to see which one he liked best. We both agreed on the same chair, grabbed the swatch book and ordered our chair! It's scheduled to arrive within 6-8 weeks and we can't wait! We're still in the process of picking out the final furniture pieces and fun decor items for the nursery. It's all coming together, and we couldn't be more excited. We decided to post a sneak peek of the room... more photos to follow once things get finalized.


Sneak Peek of Baby H's Room!

We had a great weekend full of fun! We celebrated Jeff & Jenny Miller's big day on Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding, and Jenny was a stunning bride. They are such a sweet couple, and had perma-grin all day. It was so fun to catch up with old friends, and party our way into the wee hours of the night. 

Celebrating Jeff & Jenny's Wedding!

Sunday, we went to one of my favorite Minnesota summer events! The Great Minnesota Get Together -- the Minnesota State Fair! It's something I look forward to every year. The food, the people watching, the barns, there isn't anything I dislike about the whole experience. I always have my staples that I have to eat every year, or it just wouldn't be the same. We started off our day with Sweet Martha's Chocolate Chip cookies and milk from the all-you-can-drink milk booth. From there we headed to the Pickle Booth so I could get my favorite fair food, The Perfect Pickle. The thought of fried pickle chips with ranch dipping sauce makes my mouth water. Every year they are just as good as I remember! We shared a sack of Tom Thumbs mini donuts, and finished with a State Fair "must have"... cheese curds. Overall it was a great day of devouring delicious food, hanging out with family and friends, and taking in the fair surroundings. 

We have a long weekend coming up with no set plans. It will be nice to relax, take it one day at a time and enjoy our extra day off. We also have our next appointment Tuesday, which is always exciting!

Until next time...
The Helleen's

Comments

  1. First of all I absolutely LOVE the nursery!!!

    Second of all,we are state fair soul mates. We the same things and my mouth waters when I think of deep fried pickles!

    Third of all, you do have plans...hangin' with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nursery, it's soooo adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts