Productive Pair

It's amazing how much you can get done in a week when you put your mind to it. Last week at this time I was stressing over baby bedding, which I know... still sounds ridiculous.  Last weekend Mitch and I were on a mission, a crib mission. We headed to USA Baby with my Mom searching for Baby H a sleeping spot. We walked in to a sea of mock nursery's. While looking around, we also spotted the bedding set we ordered online. I was relieved that I still loved it after seeing it in person. We even found a couple decor items that matched the set.

We roamed around the store looking at every single crib, its features, color options and price. After touring the store for the 3rd and 4th time, I found myself going back to the same crib. After discussing everything with Mitch and my Mom, we decided to pull the trigger and take it home that day. Thank you to my Mom and Dad for buying Baby H the perfect bed!

Later that day my Mom and I continued our usual Saturday shopping ritual, finding me a few new goodies. We have a wedding this weekend, so I wanted to try to find a dress. Macy's never disappoints. I came home with a new dress and a few new shirts! I'd say we had a pretty successful little Saturday!

Over the weekend Mitch and I also had an exciting trip to Lowe's to search for paint. Yet again, success. We purchased all our supplies, and headed home to start the project. We finished the last painting touches tonight and I'm in love with the colors. The crib will finally make it's way into the room tonight, starting the design of the nursery! The bedding also arrived yesterday, so it's all starting to come together!  We've decided to keep the nursery a surprise until we have most of elements in place. So... pictures will come soon enough.

Lastly, I must share a few gifts we've received lately for Baby H. They are just too amazing to keep to myself.

Amanda gave me something a couple weeks ago that I didn't even know existed. She told me it was "the best gift I'd ever get" and I think she may be right! Baby H is already a Parrothead! She gave me Sleeptime Tunes: Lullaby Renditions of Jimmy Buffett! Mitch and I already listened to it, and it's amazing!

Best Gift Ever from Amanda Jo!

Also over the weekend, I got to see Kelly since she was in town! It's always so nice to have her back in Minnesota! We had a terrific lunch, and caught up. She was giddy to have my open Baby H's gift. When I opened the bag and saw the tiny orange box, I knew why. She will be quite the stylish little babers with her new Nike Shox. They are teeny, and one of the cutest things ever! Who doesn't love baby shoes?

Nike Shox from Kel!

Overall, I must say this past week has been extremely productive. I feel good about our progress, and plan to keep up the pace. Our next mission, rockers!

Until next time...
The Helleen's

Comments

  1. Love that you guys like the CD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel so good to get that stuff done--makes you even more excited for Lil Baby H to make her debut!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. manda was talking about that CD for a while... she was so excited she told me there was no way she could keep it until the baby shower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts