Weird Week

It's been such a strange week. First, having Wednesday off made for a weird work week. Work two days, off one. Work two more, off two. I asked myself several times this week, "what day is it again?" The second item that classified my week as strange was the weather. I know I talk about the weather in almost every blog post, it's an automatic conversation starter right? This weather is worth documenting. We had record highs, in the triple digits. Yes, I said TRIPLE digits. Throw in some humidity and you have yourself one toasty day! With weather like that, you either have to lounge inside in the air conditioning or jump in a pool/lake! We partook in both activities this week.

Last Saturday my parents and brother headed to Missouri for the 4th. It was the start of a scorcher week, so we felt it was only appropriate to put Harper in her kiddie pool. Plus it was another excuse to put her in an adorable swim suit. We grabbed the hose and filled the pool with a little water, and headed to the patio for some splashing. We brought "rubber piggy" from the bathtub into the pool so she had something to play with! She enjoyed herself just sucking on piggy, and splashing every once in a while.








After a short lived swim experience in the back yard we packed the small cooler with some water and Diet Coke, filled our beach bag and headed to the Community Center pool so Mitch and I could join in on the pool playtime. It was Harper's first time in an actual pool with chlorine. As we expected, she loved the water. We might have a water baby on our hands!




Monday and Tuesday cruised by, and we had a big Wednesday planned. As I mentioned my parents were out of town for the week, and they were kind enough to leave the boat keys in our hands. With temperatures out of control and the sky full of sunshine - we felt it was only appropriate to celebrate the 4th of July out on the lake. Since temps were scheduled to hit triple digits that day we decided to leave Harper in the hands of Granny Deb and Grandpa Bob. It was just too hot for a 6 month old, so we headed to Lake Minnetonka with Jennie, her boyfriend Mike, a co-worker of Mitch's Tate, and his wife Brenna. It was an awesome day on the water, and we spent most of our time with our floaties soaking in the refreshing lake. Our 4th ended with a family BBQ at the Helleen's and fireworks. We found out quickly Harper and fireworks don't mix. She likes watching the fountains and the flashing lights - but as soon as there is a screech or a boom the tears start to flow. I actually caught a picture right before we went in the house of her crying. It's so sad, but I just had to share.









Loving the fireworks. 


Not so sure about the fireworks.

Hating the fireworks. 

Mitch took Thursday off. Since my Mom was out of town and Deb had to work - he was enjoying a day of Daddy-Daycare. They even came down to Eden Prairie to take me out to lunch! We went to a BBQ joint in town known as Baker's Ribs. Mitch, my Dad and Grandpa came across the strip mall restaurant this spring. Mitch came home telling me I had to go there, 1. because the food was delicious, 2. the place was filled with hundreds of collectable pigs. Being a pig lover, I couldn't wait to see this place. We walked in, and instantly your mouth waters from the amazing BBQ aroma seeping into your nose. I think I had a perma-grin, everywhere I turned I saw piggies. Big ones, little ones, pigs made of plastic, some made of glass. You name it, I bet they had it. I was truly in pig heaven, and was a little jealous of their collection. To top it all off, the food was incredible. If you're ever in Eden Prairie, and hungry for some BBQ - I'd certainly recommend Baker's Ribs!

Harper is continuing to love her "big girl" food. We've moved away from pears (which she loved) and on to butternut squash (which she also loves)! She is practically a pro at eating puffs now, and we even got her a sippy cup with a rubber straw. She seems to have a fascination with drinking from a straw. Again, I tried to catch a picture of her two teeth, but she either has her hand or tongue in the way. One of these days, I'll get it!


Tomorrow I'm heading to a wedding with Mitch's sister as her +1. I love weddings, and this will be my first one of the summer. I'm excited to see the beautiful bride, and amazing details of their big day! I'm hoping Sunday is a lazy day, I think I could use one of those.

Until next time...
The Helleen's

Comments

Popular Posts