Someone's Getting Old

Yes, it's true Harper will be 6 months this week - which is hard to believe. But, last Monday I celebrated my 27th birthday, and I'm starting to feel old! I still have a few more years before I join the "Thirty Club," but so many things lately have made me realize I'm no spring chicken. My brother Austin is officially a senior in high school as of Thursday, and the totally freaks me out. It seems like only a few years ago we were in the basement watching Barney VHS tapes and singing along! I feel like he is still this lil' boy wearing Tommy Hilfiger head to toe!


Since my birthday fell on a Monday, it started off like a normal work day. I struggled most of the day trying to decide where to celebrate my birthday. Indecisive is practically my middle name, especially when it comes to picking a restaurant. Late afternoon I finally notified everyone that we would head to Rojo in St. Louis Park. Mitch and I have dined there a few times while I was pregnant, and I admired the margarita's from our table. Since it was my birthday, and I'm no longer prego I ordered up one of their signature drinks! Chips & salsa, chicken tacos, and a giant margarita... now that's a birthday meal! After dinner we all satisfied our sweet tooth with some frozen yogurt from Freeziac and carrot cake!

Mitch put up our "Birthday Banner" and topped it
off with flowers, wine and a new book!

Dinner on the patio!

Helping me blow out the candles!

After a three-day work week last week, I thought going back to a normal 5-day week might be rough. Surprisingly, the week flew by! It was our usual week, softball on Tuesday, golf on Thursday, a little TV snuck in here and there. Friday after work, Mitch and I made a trip to Babies R Us with gates on our mind. This week Harper finally mastered rolling from her belly to her back. For a couple months now she has been rolling over from her back to her belly - then she was stranded. This week she started barrel rolling all the way across the room. Not to mention when she is on her belly, she is pulling herself up on her knees and scooting backwards. The girl is on the move! That being said, we thought it was probably time to invest in some gates for our stairs. After our shopping trip, I headed to Mitch's sister's house for our first book club meeting. You could barely classify it as "book club." More like "eat, drink and chat club." We did briefly discuss our first book, Fifty Shades of Grey - but some people were still finishing up so we didn't get into details. It was still a fun excuse to get together!

The weekend forecast called for HOT HOT HOT temperatures and lots of sunshine. My parents gave Mitch and I Twins tickets for the Saturday game against the Cubs. Since we haven't had great experiences bringing Harper, we decided to leave her with my Mom. Especially since it was supposed to be 90 degrees, and our seats are right in the sun! We invited Paul & Kody to join since we haven't seen them since March. Walking into Target Field we were already sweating. We saw a great game, got a little suntan (or burn) and cheered the Twins to a win! During the game, I got a text from Mom with a picture attached. She recently bought Harper a mini pool for their deck - and since it was a scorcher thought this was a great opportunity to test it out! Harper sported another itty bitty bikini and splashed in her new pool!


After the game we picked Harper up from my parent's house and headed home to shower up! After sitting in the sun for hours, a cool shower felt incredible. Once we were ready, we met Paul, Kody, Lindsey & Travis at Malone's for dinner. Since Lindsey & Travis spend the majority of their time in Texas, we try to sneak at least a couple of visits in during the summer. It was so fun to see them again and catch up!

Today was an extremely lazy day for us - which we welcomed with open arms. We stayed in our jammies longer than we should have, and did a few things around the house. It doesn't take long for the house to become a complete disaster. It was nice to spend the day relaxing, and tidying up. As usual, the weekend went way too fast but we enjoyed every minute of it!

Until next time...
The Helleen's

Comments

Popular Posts