Olympic Costume Party. Not Impressed.

Costume parties, who doesn't love them? A while back before the Olympics started, Jenna and I discussed our love for the Summer Games. We talked about getting together to watch some of the events, before I knew it that discussion turned into planning a BBQ including costumes! Saturday Mitch and I spent most of the morning getting the house somewhat presentable for guests before they arrived at 5pm. Paul and Kody were the first to arrive, in full Judo uniforms. As the remaining guests filed in the costumes and USA themed clothing just kept getting better and better.

It was a perfect evening for a BBQ. Beautiful weather, and when you add friends and family - it really doesn't get much better than that. As the night went on, pictures were snapped and voting for the costume contest came to an end. Mike took home the Gold for his spandex cycling uniform, Paul and Kody stole the Silver and Bronze for their "authentic" Judo outfits and handmade gold medals. 

Below are a few shots for the party. You'll also notice Kelly (aka McKayla Maroney) not impressed with the other costumes.



























The night before the BBQ, we headed to Brunswick Zone in Eden Prairie for a bowling fundraiser for Vital Volleyball Club. I confirmed what I already knew... I'm a terrible bowler. We still had a great time - visiting with friends, chowing down pizza and beer and pretending we had complete control of our bowling game. Harper was a trooper that night, but we may have kept her out a little too late. Sassy pants started to make a scene towards the end of the night. Our bags were quickly packed and we were out the door to get Harps to bed. It was a great way to start our friend filled weekend!



Our hired help! :)

With a busy Friday and Saturday, Sunday we spent most of the day in our jammies watching Elmo and the last of the London games. I was looking forward to the great Sunday night TV. Between the closing ceremonies and the Comedy Central roast of Roseanne my TV viewing schedule was packed for the evening. I was beyond psyched for the much anticipated Spice Girls reunion during the closing ceremonies. Let's just say, they never disappoint. SPICE UP YOUR LIFE! I spend the remainder of the evening literally laughing out loud at the comedians roasting Roseanne Barr. The show Roseanne is one of my all time favorite shows, and in my opinion Roseanne is brilliant. After all these years I'm happy she's still in the spotlight making me laugh!

I know I mentioned last weekend that we had Harper's pictures by Misty Mays Photography. Misty mentioned it would be 2-3 weeks before we got the CD with the images, but last night she did post a "behind the scenes" picture on Facebook. Even this picture with Super Grover and Elmo gets me all giddy to see the other proofs!

 
Since it's already mid-August, I've tried to pick up my training for the Twin Cities 10 mile. The last couple weeks I've been having terrible pains in my right knee and hip while running. I can make it 3 miles or so before it starts acting up. By the end of my run, the pain is pretty significant. I plan to keep icing it after my runs, but if anyone has suggestions - please feel free to share! 7 1/2 weeks to go, and 10 miles seems far far away!

Tomorrow I'm heading to the Twins game with my Mom and Amanda. It's ladies night for us, and an evening with those two can't be dull. Mitch is busy Thursday and Friday with fantasy football drafts. It's hard to believe it's almost that time again where Sundays Mitch parks it in front of the TV with his phone in hand to monitor his fantasy teams. That's when Harper and I say, "we're going on a field trip" - also known as shopping! 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Until next time...
The Helleen's

Comments

Popular Posts