My new love, Instagram.

I've always been picture obsessed. If you ask any of my friends, I have a camera with me 100% of the time. I am "that girl" at parties and social gatherings running around snapping pictures like I'm a part of the TMZ team or a paparazzi. My newest photo obsession is Instagram. I initially downloaded the popular smartphone app to see what all the fuss was about. I thought, "Oh wow, you can alter your pictures to look like they were taken decades ago. Why is this so genius?" After a couple of days I realized like other social networking sites, Instagram allows you to "follow" others users. From there, it became an addiction much like Twitter or Facebook. I love checking my feed and seeing the new photos that pop up! 

A couple weeks ago we had some family pictures and Harper's 7 1/2 month photos taken by Misty Mays Photography. I was tickled today when I opened our mailbox to find an envelope containing the CD with the proofs from our session. We knew Misty got some good snapshots that Sunday afternoon, so we were anxiously waiting for the CD. She did not disappoint! All the pictures are great, I can't pick out my favorites. She recently took Austin's senior pictures too, which I'm looking forward to seeing! Below are some of my favorites... if I had to choose! Thanks again for the great pictures Misty!
















This past week, Harper gained another friend! Jenna and Jon welcomed baby Jackson James on Monday. I woke up Monday to an exciting text from Jenna, announcing Jackson made his debut early that morning. After work on Monday - Amanda, Jayna and myself headed to Maple Grove Hospital to visit the newest little Juris! He is so sweet, and cute as a button. Not to mention a full head of hair with a stylish mohawk! Holding all 7lbs 11oz of baby Jackson made me realize just how big Harper has gotten. 8 months have come and gone, which still blows me away! I see plenty of playdates between these two in our future. We look forward to spending time with the new family of three!



A week ago Harper had her 8 month "birthday." My mom still insists it's her "birthday" every month on the 15th. She even got a new chair from Pottery Barn Kids to celebrate! Her personality is really starting to shine through, and she continues to make us laugh with her giggles and funny faces. She is motoring around like crazy, and is getting braver everyday. Standing by herself is something she is starting to test. She lasts for a second before she falls to the ground, giggles and tries it again! We noticed today a top tooth breaking through the gums, which puts the tooth count to 4. I can only imagine what new things she'll discover over the next few weeks!

8 Months Old!




We have quite a busy weekend planned, but full of fun events! Mitch and I took Friday off, so we're packing up the stroller and heading to the Great Minnesota Get Together! I love love love the State Fair and look forward to it every year. I see cheese curds, fried pickles, 1919 root beer and Summit on stick in my near future. Saturday will be an early morning for us when we hit the road for a mini road trip. We're loading up the cars and heading to Wisconsin for the Jimmy Buffett concert at Alpine Valley! I CAN'T EVEN WAIT! It's an annual trip, and it will be Harper's first real road trip. Let's just say, I'm really looking forward to this weekend!

Until next time...
The Helleen's

Comments

Popular Posts