Large and In Charge!

Uff da, the last week I feel extremely pregnant and humongous. Simple tasks are taking longer, and are more of a struggle than they used to be. For example, sitting on the floor and trying to get up it's becoming quite the process. Or getting out of bed, it's more like rolling out of bed. I have still able to go to kickboxing on Saturday mornings, I just have to modify a few moves to make them work for me. Overall the books are true, physical activity is much harder! 

This past weekend was a fun one! Since Halloween was Monday, we celebrated on Saturday at Paul & Kody's house and had a great time! Mitch and I struggled to think of a Halloween costume this year. Typically we try to do a couples theme, but being 8 months pregnant doesn't leave many costume options. A few weeks ago, Paul mentioned we should go as a 16 and Pregnant couple. For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, it airs on MTV and follows the lives of young Mom's and Dad's. I would say it's a "guilty pleasure." There is one particular couple that stands out, mostly due to their drama... Gary & Amber. They have an on and off again relationship, and many legal issues. So, naturally that's who we decided to go as. This required Mitch to sport painted on facial hair, an extremely tight t-shirt and a flat bill hat cocked to the side. Below are some photos so you can compare. Mitch needed to eat a few more Baby Ruth's to actually look the part of Gary, but I think we did our best.

The Actual Gary & Amber

Us as Amber & Gary

We had another doctor appointment yesterday. We're at 34 weeks right now, 35 on Friday... and everything is still measuring correctly and her heartbeat is strong. Classes are still going great! We discussed different drug options last week, and I think I'm more confused now than ever. I really don't like the thought of being numb, feeling nothing at all from my chest down during the entire labor process. That being said, I'm certainly not against using drugs to help with the pain either. It's so hard to say what I'll want that day since I'm completely clueless on what this particular pain feels like. I think we'll have to keep an open mind, and go with the flow. 

We only have two weeks left of class, and only 37 days until our due date!! Holy buckets, Baby H is going to be here before we know it! We're getting very excited to meet our little one!

Until next time...
The Helleen's 

Comments

Popular Posts