Our Lil' Gymnast & Dad's Day

Harper has added a new activity to her repertoire, gymnastics! After researching local gyms and asking around, we decided to spend our Thursdays this summer at Twin City Twisters in Champlin. The first two weeks have been a success. 

Harper is learning all the gymnastics terminology and getting acquainted with the equipment. At this point, her favorite event is the balance beam. Her focus and determination is so sweet to watch while she's strutting her stuff across the beam. Once she tuck jumps off, she smiles bright and jumps up and down celebrating. Part of me wonders if she'll ever grow out of that. Secretly I'm doing the same celebratory dance inside. 

As the youngest in her class she's still learning the ropes, and so am I. I'm excited for this new summer activity and Harper seems to be enjoying herself - which is the main point of this whole adventure. Bring on the beam! 



The weather has been incredible the last couple weeks, so we've been trying to spend most of our time outside. Harper could spend every waking moment outside and on a daily basis she tells me, "Mom, I think Emmett wants to swing" which is code for, "LET'S GO OUTSIDE!" Emmett just sits back relaxed watching his crazy big sister run around the yard. She's the only one who can make him giggle on command, which really is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. 

Warm weather also means frequent trips to the ice cream shop for this family. Whoever decided to put in a donut/ice cream shop steps away from our house is to blame for the extra pounds I've gained. I won't lie, we probably indulge on a weekly basis. But honestly, this nutty coconut ice cream is totally worth it!

Last weekend I decided to take the kids up to Rockin' Rogers Days so Mitch could get some work done. I'm a total sucker for parades and townie carnivals, so city festivals and weekend celebrations are right up my alley. We parked the stroller on Main Street ready for the parade. Harper waved to all the floats and danced to all the marching bands. She grabbed her fair share of candy and snuck pieces when I was tending to Emmett. After an hour, Harper decided she had enough parade viewing and was ready to check out the carnival. I bought just enough tickets for her to ride two rides, the train and the cars. Both low key options for our unadventurous little girl. We had a blast enjoying the sunshine and the small town feel of Rockin' Rogers Days. Maple Grove Days is right around the corner and I can't wait!




 

 

It's a tradition to play a round of golf with my Dad, brother and Mitch Father's Day morning. This year our 7:30am tee time came early, but we all ready to take on Cedar Creek Golf Course. I had some decent shots and some I'd rather not discuss. As always, we laughed a lot and enjoyed a beautiful morning on the course.

Mitch and I came home after our morning golf outing and ran a few errands and grabbed lunch with the kiddos. That afternoon we headed over to my parents for their annual fish fry. The Shemons, Schumers and Helleens all came together to celebrate the Dads in our lives. What better way to celebrate than with a deep fryer! Harper and Emmett loved the extra attention and it was such a fun night catching up with everyone.

Now, to get a smidgen sappy with a Father's Day message:

Mitchell, thanks for being the king of our castle and my partner in crime.  Harper and Emmett are so lucky to have such a loving, supportive, fun, caring and kind father like you. We don't just celebrate your greatness on Father's Day, it's something we're thankful for everyday. We love you very much!




Until next time…
The Helleens

Comments

Popular Posts