Digging for Treasure

I've found a new shop to fill any antique, artsy or vintage void you're craving. It's called Junket: Tossed & Found - and my mini field-trip there Saturday was amazing. 

I was rummaging through Facebook last week (like you do) and a suggested "like" caught my eye. The eclectic profile picture had me curious, and before I knew it I was filing through all the photos posted on their timeline. The hodgepodge of jewelry, artwork, clothing and random items had me itching to jump in my car and dig through the hidden treasures. I decided this was a place my Mom and I needed to go, and I knew it wouldn't be a quick trip. 

Saturday I convinced my Mom to venture to Minneapolis to check out Junket. We were immediately overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that filled the cozy space - and I was excited to get started. The sweet shop owner welcomed us with a smile and mentioned that there was a downstairs too. I knew we'd be there awhile. 

After nearly 2 hours in the store, and circling the place more than three times - we finally decided we were finished with our first Junket experience. I walked away with some pieces I love! A few works of art for the house, and a necklace for myself. Walking around gave me major Pinterest inspiration. There are so many fun random items and our creative juices were flowing. I'm sure we'll be back, and I'm sure our trip will be at least 2 hours again. 



Saturday night we kept it low key, grilling and staying in. I feel like it's been "go-go-go" for the last few months, it was nice to just stay at home for once. We decided to give "family game night" a shot. Harper went into her playroom and chose Candy Land and the Super Why! Game. It was the first time we actually played by the rules and surprisingly Harper managed to stay interested and not get bored. Usually we spin the arrow once, and she's already making up her own rules. Not this time and she even managed to win without sneaking her way to the Candy Castle. 


Sunday was another plan-free day and boy did that feel good. We ran a few errands in the morning, you know - your standard Sunday Menards and Target run. Harper and Mitch took advantage of the patio displays at Menards and made themselves comfy in the hammock. If it were up to Harper, we would have thrown it in the cart and brought it home. 

We came home and played the rest of the day. Over the weekend I was slicing up watermelon (Harper and I are obsessed) and she wanted to help. Since there are piles of pretend food and utensils in her playroom, we decided to make use of them. As I sliced the actual watermelon - Top Chef Harper sliced her very own food. She thought she was pretty cool and it was pretty cute to see her concentrating on every single cut. Chopped - here she comes!

Since the rain dodged us, we were able to do a little outside work. I'll be honest, Harper and I just watered the plants and flowers - Mitch did the rest. I finally bought her a watering can and she was eager to help. It's become a night-time tradition to have her help me water. Maybe now, I'll remember to water them on a regular basis! :)





It's hard to believe June is over in just a couple hours, and the 4th of July is days away. My parents left for Missouri this morning, which meant we were without Grandma daycare. After a few calls, we were able to lock up Nick for the day (thanks again Nick!). He couldn't get here until 11ish, so I worked from home this morning while hanging out with my lil' girlie. It was nice getting a little extra time with her on a Monday morning. She woke up, chipper as ever and walked downstairs ready for breakfast. As I was getting her oatmeal ready - I heard her clumping around saying "Look, I'm like Dad!" I turned around to find her with Mitch's dress shoes on and a giant smile on her face. 


 

It's a short holiday week and I think we're all looking forward to it. We were able to enjoy the beautiful weather tonight, let's just hope it sticks around for the weekend! Hope everyone has a great 4th!


Until next time…
The Helleen's

Comments

Popular Posts