Here's What We've Been Up To...

Busy, busy, busy! 

I'm sure most people can relate to crazy schedules and booked up calendars. Although, as I sit here and say how "busy" we've been, I don't feel like I have that much to share. Our weekly routines have continued to be steady. Music class on Mondays, dance and Mitch's golf league on Tuesdays, women's golf league on Wednesdays which leaves us with Thursday-Sunday as free days (yay!).

Weeks ago, maybe even months (I can barely keep track of my days!) I promised myself that I would maintain these posts weekly, or at the very least bi-monthly. Fail. It's been three weeks since my last update. For all of you dying to know, here's what we've been up to: 

Pre-Wedding Celebrations

My bestie is getting married in just 54 days, and we've been busy celebrating! We had back-to-back showers the last couple weekends honoring the bride-to-be.

The first shower was a beautiful brunch hosted by her Aunt. It was fun seeing her family members, co-workers and friends come together for the fun shower festivities. Harper was excited that sprinkled donuts were included on the brunch menu. I was more excited about the mimosa bar! 

Last weekend Jennie and I hosted a couples shower fiesta! I mean, who doesn't love a taco bar and margaritas? The kids were most excited about the piƱata, but that ended up making its debut after their bedtime. (Amanda and Matt crushed it, btw!) It was fun getting most of the wedding party together to celebrate with Matt and Amanda. 

The countdown continues until the big day, and I couldn't be more excited for the two of them!  

 

















Dance Recital Prep

Next weekend is Harper's dance recital, and just like last year - I'm beyond excited to watch our little dancer hit the stage again. Last week was their last dance class, which meant end-of-the-year trophies and pictures. These little dancers always seem to brighten up my Tuesday, with their sweet smiles and adorable little leotards and tutus. Add a trophy to the mix and the smiles got even bigger! 





Preschool Wrap Up

Just today, Harper and I were discussing the end of the school year. I explained this was her last week of class and she would return in the Fall. "But that's just too long to wait!" was the response I got. Karing Kingdom has been such a great experience for Harper and us as parents. Our little girl has blossomed into a social butterfly who is all about following the rules. 

The week of Mother's Day, us Mama's were invited to come to Karing Kingdom for "Moms and Muffins." We started the school day chatting over giant muffins and chocolate milk. (Naturally, Harper chose the huge double chocolate chip muffin that ended up all over the floor, the table and her face.) After our snack, the kiddos brought us to their playroom. It was fun watching their class interact and see what their normal play time looks like.  When we left they gave us a handmade gift and a "yearbook" of their class. Each student had to finish this sentence, "When I grow up I want to..." Once I read Harper's answer, I almost died. Check out the photo below. 



Harper's Preschool Picture - 2016
Family Time

Harper and Emmett have been playing with each other more and more, which can be great or awful. For the most part the play together wonderfully and it's heart melting to watch. E is already looking up to his big sister, everything she does he repeats.  

We've spent many warm Spring days outside. Cleaning the garage, doing yard work, splashing in the water, talking walks and just being a kid! Harper has established her "leader" role and most days pretends Emmett is her student and she's the teacher. She'll talk to him in this sweet little baby voice and often refers to him as "class" while reading him books. Most the time he just goes along with it and follows her around. I even caught her giving him what she called "a talking to." If found the two of them in my parents bathroom with the door closed - scary right? When I popped my head in and asked what they were doing, that's when she told me she was giving him a talk and shut the door. I listened in and here's how the conversation went:

H: Emmett it's very important to share. Here, give me that minion. See, I'm having a turn then I'll give the minions to you and you'll have a turn. Then you give them back to me. That's called sharing, okay?

E:  Yea. Yea. Yea.

H: Okay, good. Now lets go practice what we talked about. (As she walks out of the bathroom with both minions, well played teacher Harper).

They keep us busy, always have us laughing, provide so much love and joy and even drive us a little nutty sometimes - but they are simply the best and I couldn't imagine our adventures any other way. 


 

 


 


















Until next time...
The Helleens

Comments

Popular Posts